Find Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
RBI - Reaching Baseball Ideals
What is the RBI Program?
RBI is introduced in 2008 by Baseball Canada to:
- Ensure that local baseball associations apply core common criteria to ensure that consistent good practice is in place
- To empower parents when choosing a local baseball association for their children.
- To ensure that RBI Accredited Associations are recognized through a common approach to branding.
- To provide a focus around which all baseball associations in Canada can come together to support good practice in working with children and young people.
- To promote and reward registration/membership within Baseball Canada, baseball's national federation of sport, as well as within the Provincial Baseball Associations.
RBI accreditation is awarded to local baseball associations that comply with minimum operating standards in four areas:
- Development Programs
- Membership with Baseball Canada
- Coaches Training
How can I become RBI approved?
An Association can become Baseball Canada RBI Approved Association by meeting these following criteria:
- The Association is a member in good standing with the Provincial Baseball Association (as recognized by Baseball Canada) and with Baseball Canada through the registration of all players, coaches and umpires participating in the local Association.
- The Association is fully utilizing the Rally Cap program as the main Initiation program for kids between 5 and 8
- The Association is providing support to its coaches by driving them to the Baseball Canada NCCP Programs ensuring that all Rep level coaches are properly certified as per Baseball Canada requirements and that all house league/community programs have at least one coach per team who have completed the Initiation Coach level at minimum
- The Association is providing access to all programs to boys and girls at any age
- The Association is in support and using the Baseball Canada pitch counts for the Mosquito and Pee-Wee divisions
How much does it cost to become an RBI Approved Association?
Applying to become a RBI Baseball Canada Association is free. There is no other fee attached to this program.
Why should my Association become a RBI Approved Association?
Here are some of the benefits we are offering all of our RBI Approved Associations:
- Get 1 free NCCP On-line Module access code when you purchase 10 access codes
- Your Association will be provided permission to utilize the RBI designation and logo at registration, on all printed material as well as on your Association website for that season and a mention on Baseball Canada website
- Your association will be listed on the Baseball Canada and provincial Baseball websites as an RBI Approved Association
- You will receive 10% of any purchase at the Baseball Canada Club House Shop on all Association orders
- Your Association will receive one free dozen of Rally Caps per 100 ordered
- The Association with the greatest percentage of membership increase as of June 15th will get a full Baseball Canada day clinic for free in July (value of $2000) including drinks, snacks, coaching, hats, t-shirts and more
- Baseball Canada will promote the list of RBI Approved Associations to Provincial Sport Offices as well as the local/municipal park and recreation department
How can my association apply for accreditation through the RBI Program?